Behavior, Brand, Impact
In a very unscientific study, over the course of the past two weeks, I have concluded that individuals must maintain professionalism and civility at all times in social media platforms, even when they have a personal account that is separate from an affiliated company or organization.
Individuals who actively participate in social media platforms are very perceptive and connect individuals with the entities that they are associated with.
In the past two weeks, I have witnessed multiple examples of people who engage in a very polite and responsible manner while posting from an affiliate account. These same individuals, however, when posting through their personal accounts, have been combative, insulting, immature, degrading, vulgar….and combinations of those afore listed.
What you say, how you say it and how you engage shapes your brand. Personal behavior directly impacts how the public views your brand and the brand of your affiliations.
In my humble opinion, a shining example of how individual brand positively impacts their affiliates brand is Rich Harris, from Seagate. In fact, a good friend of mine recently shared that it was Rich’s brand that made the difference when they were trying to decide where to purchase several new hard drives, Seagate.
Alternately, the inverse also holds true.
Public perception of the individual directly impacts the affiliates one represents and/or participates in.
Keep the brand positive.
Guidelines For Comments
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 1 month ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 2 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 2 months ago