From an #agnerd perspective, SXSW was an amazing experience. It was a great opportunity to be able to be on the AgChat Foundation panel with Chris Chinn, Emily Zweber, Zach Hunnicutt and moderated by Marla Schulman. I took a little different approach to SXSW than most folks. Rather than trying to discover new hardware, software, applications or strategies, I went with the purpose of meeting and interacting with people. I have discovered that genuine and caring people are more often than not, associated with unique, beneficial and useful products and programs. Once again, this premise proved true. I would like to share a few of the people I was able to meet and speak with at SXSW and encourage you to look them up and check out what they have to offer and are involved in. Read more…
“SXSW® Interactive features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders, the incredible new SXSW Trade Show and an unbeatable lineup of special programs showcasing the best new digital works, video games and innovative ideas the international community has to offer. Join us for the most energetic, inspiring and creative event of the year.”
On Sunday, March 13, at 5:00 pm, I will have the opportunity to participate on the panel Agvocacy 2.0: Adding a Human Voice to the Farm , with Chris Chinn, Emily Zweber, Zach Hunnicutt and Marla Schulman. We are looking forward to sharing how a diverse group of farmers and ranchers have voluntarily come together to help others share their agricultural story with the public and reconnect through the AgChat Foundation.
Also, you don’t want to miss Jeff Pulver and his series of #140 Conference presentations beginning on Saturday, March 12, from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm. Jeff will lead off with Birth of the #BackChannel and is followed by some great presenters including Nelson de Witt “My Family’s Incredible Story” and an incredible story by Ori Bengal “Traveling the World with the Real-Time Web”. If you have the opportunity to meet Jeff, do not miss it.
I look forward to meeting another great group of folks on this journey. See y’all there!
I’m off to the #140conf in LA, filled with excitement and anticipation of the opportunities that await.
Being a part of the #140conf in SFO was an eye opening experience and I am truly grateful for Jeff Pulver (@jeffpulver) inviting both Ray Prock (@RayLinDairy) and myself to also be a part of the Los Angeles event.
Many of my friends and acquaintances within the agriculture community have asked me why I want to travel to LA and participate in a conference filled with “non-aggies.”
I recently had the opportunity to attend the San Francisco #140 Conference with Ray Prock (@RayLinDairy) through the gracious invitation of Jeff Pulver (@jeffpulver). This was the second twitter conference Ray and I have attended, the first being a #140tc in Seattle, Washington, hosted by Parnasus Group. Both events were extremely well organized, very informative and everyone was gracious, receptive and a bit intrigued by a cowboy and a dairyman in attendance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Dodge Scores Big!
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- It's More Than Corn: Balanced Diets & Nutrition
- It's More Than Corn: Pasture Talk
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 2 months ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 3 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 3 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 3 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 3 months ago