Welcome to Nashville!
You were all selected to attend this 2nd Agchat Foundation Conference because you have passion for agriculture, have embraced social media and have demonstrated that you have the desire to become more effective agvocates.
Over the next two days, you will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge of social media platforms, integrate smart and mobile technology and most importantly, meet fellow agvocates who have made the decision to work with you as a team.
Some of you will focus on one or two platforms, while others will feel comfortable and have the time and energy to incorporate multiple platforms. You each will play an important and vital role in assisting the effort of agriculture to reconnect with consumers.
Our emphasis this year is to help you reach beyond the choir. We want you to learn how to build strong bridges, grow supportive communities and gain influence among those outside of agriculture.
This endeavor will take time, focus, patience, bravery, professionalism, civility and respect.
Ultimately, your success will depend on your ability to communicate effectively and nurture relationships built upon mutual respect and trust.
Agriculture is diverse, society is diverse, and you all have unique interests and personalities, as do the individuals you will be reaching out to.
Diversity must be respected. Read more…
Passion can be both an asset and a liability.
Let passion be your incentive to reach out, open your heart, build bridges, grow communities & nurture relationships.
Temper your passion to remain objective, receptive and inviting.
Take what you have learned over the past two days and take the next step on your Agvocate journey.
Nurture the new relationships you have formed here in Nashville.
Agvocacy is about working together as a team to reconnect the public to agriculture naturally.
Encourage curiosity, questions and dialogue. Read more…
Have a strategy:
1. Who are you trying to reach out to?
2. How do you plan on reaching them?
3. What are you going to do to nourish the new relationships?
How to find hashtags:
Where to find twitter chats:
Where to find people:
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Dodge Scores Big!
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- It's More Than Corn: Balanced Diets & Nutrition
- It's More Than Corn: Pasture Talk
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 2 months ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 3 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 3 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 3 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 3 months ago