#140conf: Building Bridges & Growing Communities
I’m off to the #140conf in LA, filled with excitement and anticipation of the opportunities that await.
Being a part of the #140conf in SFO was an eye opening experience and I am truly grateful for Jeff Pulver (@jeffpulver) inviting both Ray Prock (@RayLinDairy) and myself to also be a part of the Los Angeles event.
Many of my friends and acquaintances within the agriculture community have asked me why I want to travel to LA and participate in a conference filled with “non-aggies.”
The answer is simple. Everyone eats and if we in agriculture do not re-connect with our customers, what they eat will not be from here, but imported.
Consumers today are so far removed from the farm and ranch that they have lost a true understanding of how their food, fiber, fuel and shelter are grown.
I believe it is essential for farmers and ranchers to stop relying on others to communicate their with consumers. Yes, it is helpful, but having the actual growers share their personal story is what builds strong bridges and communities of shared understanding.
I look forward to events that have diverse interests in attendance. Agriculture has relied primarily upon industry organizations to spread its message for to long. It is high time for family farmers and ranchers to tell their own story.
Here in LA, I am going to share my story, make new friends, build new bridges and expand the ever growing and caring community of farmers, ranchers and consumers.
Guidelines For Comments
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 1 month ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 2 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 2 months ago