2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Its More Than Corn: Feed Formulations
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- Lego’s and Agriculture? Really?
- Labeling, GMOs, GMEs, and COOL
- Resolving Animal Cruelty
- A decent days work...nearly 5 miles of wire. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/BNkxdalAjHv/ 7 hours ago
- My son learning life skills...how to roll barbed wire for re-use....#patience #perserveriance… instagram.com/p/BNka8l4g5IB/ 11 hours ago
- It is NOT the moderator's responsibility to #factcheck. Leave that to the opponent & viewers. #debate16 2 months ago
- Happy to make time. RT @SimAngus2: @sf28430 you should interview @JeffFowle -- for a west coast perspective 2 months ago
- If @realDonaldTrump finishes the final 2 months in the form he is in today, in Philadelphia, he'll win. I can support this #Trump. 2 months ago