2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Dodge Scores Big!
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- It's More Than Corn: Balanced Diets & Nutrition
- It's More Than Corn: Pasture Talk
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 2 months ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 3 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 3 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 3 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 3 months ago