2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Tipping Horns
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- It's More Than Corn: Feeds
- It's More Than Corn: Pasture Talk
- Its More Than Corn: Feed Formulations
- Labeling, GMOs, GMEs, and COOL
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 1 week ago
- @ryanbellwriter It was a pleasure chatting with you! Have a great day. #agchat 2 weeks ago
- @TuckerCarlson @jfchen @FoxNews When did the parent become responsible for childs college education? #teachresponsibilty #systembeingabused 4 weeks ago
- @firetroll 6" a week ago, calling for 6 - 14 more this week....frozen ground, no mud, happy rancher :-) 4 weeks ago
- @firetroll How've you been Walt? It's been too long. 1 month ago