It’s the third Wednesday of the month…yes…it is the day of my monthly County Planning Commission meeting.
However, today is going to be a bit different…
Today, I am going to the meeting without paper staff reports and project proposals….
Today, I am taking my Samsung Galaxy Tab, with the staff reports available electronically.
For the past year I have been telling my fellow commissioners that we need to go electronic and help save the County money in the expense of mailing weekly reports and project proposals.
Since the beginning of 2011, I have been keeping track of the cost to County of the large envelopes being mailed to me… $427.38 for postage…that is a weekly average cost of $12.57, not counting the labor for making the photo copies. With a commission of five people, that adds up to a potential annual cost to the County of $3268.20 in postage…and this has been a quiet year with relatively small and simple projects…we have not had the projects where the packages cost $36 to mail, multiple drafts, over several months.
In these times of tight budgets, what other boards and commissions could utilize mobile technology to save their counties, schools and companies money?
Here’s hoping it goes smoothly… lol
I did notice one major benefit right off… the electronic maps are actually legible 🙂
Guidelines For Comments
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 1 month ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 2 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 2 months ago