PLEASE! Stop The Finger Pointing
“Remember, when you are pointing your finger, you have three others pointing back at you.”
This old adage has never been more relevant. It saddens me to see the accusations and inflammatory remarks flying through the social media streams, particularly in the arena of agriculture: food, fiber, shelter and the production of those resources.
There is nothing to be gained by “yelling” at one another.
Progress can only be achieved through civil conversations.
There is much to be gained by listening for understanding by all sides of the issues surrounding the production of the resources we ALL depend upon.
We are ALL consumers; food nutrition, safety and wholesomeness are things we ALL are concerned about.
“Americans have a lot of questions about how food is raised, the impact on our health and the health of the planet. Today it seems there are more questions than answers. Join us on September 22 @ 11:30am EDT for The Food Dialogues – the launch of a new effort to bring together different viewpoints on farming and ranching and the future of food to solve our most challenging problems.”
This is a wonderful opportunity for all participants to be able to listen with open minds and hear what the concerns are, what potential solutions exists and begin to nurture valuable relationships moving into the future.
To those involved in agriculture…listen for understanding, hear the concerns, look for opportunities to reach out and embrace the conversation with a positive attitude.
Guidelines For Comments
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 1 month ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 2 months ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 2 months ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 2 months ago