Cowboy Molasses Cookies
Sift together in a bowl
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
(Optional 1/4 tsp ground cloves & a pinch of Copenhagen Snuff)
Mix in another bowl
1/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup lard, softened (shortening also works)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, well beaten
Stir in the flour mixture.
Drop on sheet as you would a sugar cookie.
Bake at 350 for ~8 min on a greased and floured sheet.
Guidelines For Comments
- @ShepNewsTeam Hey Shep, there's another 6 hrs of CA north of SFO...that's not the northern border...we're flooding too. #FYI 1 month ago
- @JonesOrganics Appears to be an average one, like I remember as a kid... 2'+ at ranch, 10'-18' on surrounding summits. 1 month ago
- My pleasure! Always look forward to conversation. RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 1 month ago
- RT @JeffreyJKingman: @JeffFowle Thanks man 1 month ago
- I earnestly pray for the day that we as a society become color blind and only see people as Americans. #endthedivision 2 months ago