Animal Welfare & Livestock Production Questions
Continuing with questions for perspective and understanding, these pertain to livestock production and animal welfare. Once again, feel free to answer any, all or none of the questions. These are not asked to cause heated debate, but to garner further understanding and perspective. Thank you.
From the perspective of a person who is vegan or vegetarian for “ethical” reasons:
- If animal agriculture were entirely abandoned, what is recommended to be done with all of the animals?
- Realizing that the majority of those opposed to animal agriculture are also very supportive of natural products, are they then willing to go without many goods used on a daily basis and accept synthetic and highly processed substitutes for the products that utilize animal byproducts?
From the perspective of a person who only buys local because of “animal welfare” concerns:
- What is it that attracts you to local meat?
- What measures, if any, could be implemented in large-scale packing houses, that would satisfy your concerns?
From the general public perspective:
1. What production practices raise concern to you, based on your knowledge or what you have heard?