The 25th Of May

It is the 25th of May

And we are all eagerly waiting to begin cutting hay.

The thermometer says it is 34

As I return soaking wet, from changing water, carrying firewood in the door.

I can see the snow falling in hills across the way,

Time to reevaluate my plans for the day.

It is hard to believe I can see my breath in the air

So I settle down next to the fire, coffee in hand, in my big leather chair.

1. May 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Beautiful picture taken and painted with your words….:-)

2. Danielle
    May 25, 2012 at 9:01 AM

It’s snowing here! I wonder if we’re heading for another June_uary like last year! How I want some warm weather!

3. Ned
    May 25, 2012 at 9:02 AM

It just started to snow here in Alturas in the last 15 minutes, but then we can’t have May in Modoc without at least one snow storm.

4. May 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Wow, I can’t even imagine! I’m a Texan, and it’s topping 90* here. We’ve already harvested the spring garden and are starting to plan for the second go round. I think we mght get three growing seasons in this year. This is great and yet exhausting! I would be happy to settle down next to a fire and drink coffee right now!

5. May 25, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Love the photo. Been over 100 all week in AZ. Lettuce bolted, as are we come Monday. Heading north for a summer of camping in the high elevations of Utah and Cal and Oregon. Hope it warms up for you.

6. May 26, 2012 at 11:11 AM

That coffee sounds mighty good, Jeff!

7. bigguysmama
    May 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Wow, I thought that only happened here in MN! We’ve had an incredibly mild Spring, aside from all the rain. Snow was few and far between this year. Sounds like you made a good adjustment!