Home > Communication, Federal Government > 15 Minute Budget Solution

15 Minute Budget Solution

The announcement today that the “Super Committee” had FAILED, made me thoroughly DISGUSTED!

I was so disgusted that I took an entire 15 minutes to compile a bill for Congress to take up immediately upon their return to D.C. following Thanksgiving.

112th CONGRESS

1st SESSION

H.R. _ _ _ _

AN ACT

To balance the budget, eliminate the deficit and restore long-term economic stability.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

1. the budgets of ALL departments, agencies, programs, entitlements and all branches of government will be reduced by five percent, effective immediately;
  2. all salaries, to all ELECTED and APPOINTED Federal officials will be suspended, effective immediately;
  3. all insurance coverage held by all elected Federal officials will be suspended, effective immediately;
  4. and all assets belonging to ELECTED Federal officials will be suspended, effective immediately.

The previously established conditions may be lifted when and only when:

1. a balanced budget is passed and signed by the President;
  2. a plan to eliminate the deficit by 2022 is passed and signed by the President;
  3. a plan to make Social Security solvent is passed and signed by the President;
  4. and a plan to make Medi Care solvent is passed and signed by the President.

EFFECTIVE DATE – The actions of this section shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act.

Passed the House of Representatives, November 28, 2011

Attest:

Clerk

1. November 22, 2011 at 5:13 AM

I agree with you on this. I also believe this is a well planned and calculated move on their part. Things have been brought to the edge-to a feverish point, so someone can swoop in and save the day,( wonder who that could be). Saving the day consist of- lowering gas prices, just a tad- bringing home the troops, some- giving us a little tax cut, maybe-but mostly laying out a plan that needs at least the next five years to start turning things around. Of course that would mean keeping “key people” in their positions. I just hope when Americans vote next year they realize we need a “real change”. Don’t get caught up in the hype- the razzle dazzle. Look,really look, at the candidates past, present, and future platforms. Of course as a Christian, I realize things are happening as they are meant to, but I won’t give up the good fight- I won’t stop trying to change things when it’s in my power to do so, because I want my Father to be proud of me.

November 22, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Alyse. I to realize things are happening as they are meant to, but also believe that we have been kicking the can down the road for too long. I completely agree that we need real change next November…the challenge is “sorting” through the candidate. 🙂

2. November 22, 2011 at 8:43 AM

Our Founding Fathers never envisioned this state of confusion in our government, nor their being so far out-of-touch with their constituents. I say throw all the bums out and get a fresh set of business professionals to get this mess straight. The bureaucracy is so large now that no one individual can have an impact, let alone a President. Time for a change from top to bottom!

November 22, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Can you imagine the changes that could be made with a complete house cleaning Norm? Not like it would ever happen, but fun to envision 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to post.

3. Tonia
    November 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Maybe if THEIR paycheck was actually on the line they would actually work (what a concept!) Always enjoy your posts — from one food producer to another: have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

4. November 24, 2011 at 6:43 AM

I’m with YOU, Jeff! We can only hope for REAL CHANGE come next November! And, hope we survive the next 12 months!

5. December 9, 2011 at 12:44 PM

It makes too much sense, it will never pass.