2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- It's More Than Corn: Grass v Grain, Some Simple Facts
- Tipping Horns
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Food System & Production Questions
- Ranch Scenery
- Field Rotation - Phase I
- #MooYah! Covered in clouds...unable to see it :-( RT @stephencaggiano: #UsGuys #Nightshift Clock In! events.slooh.com 38 minutes ago
- Finally in for the night...chores done, full belly, boy in bed...ready for a little #MakersMark, a soft chair and my laptop. #ranchlife 2 hours ago
- Water moved & 4 horses trimmed...lunch & a #Porter w/ the ELW, then back to horses. #ranchlife (@ Etna Brewing Co.) 4sq.com/14ZTMS0 11 hours ago
- Water moved & 4 horses trimmed...lunch & a #Porter w/ the ELW, then back to horses. #ranchlife (@ Etna Brewing Co.) 4sq.com/10tFndB 11 hours ago
- Yep :-) RT @SafeRustRemover: @JeffFowle so u need to do some irrigation then & trim/shoe some horses 14 hours ago