2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- It's More Than Corn: Grass v Grain, Some Simple Facts
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- Cowboy Molasses Cookies
- In Support Of A Hero....@TheDaveReynolds
- Food System & Production Questions
- And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. COL 3:15 2 hours ago
- When getting blank stare from attorney, then lead them to obvious answer via simple questions...you may question their ability. #justsayin 1 day ago
- Thank you! Kind of partial to it myself :-) RT @nannystahl: @JeffFowle beautiful view you have :) 1 day ago
- @FunWithBulls @BrentJBoersma Since we are dependent upon snow pack, a good winter and we're back in the game...central valley...not so. 1 day ago
- Sitting on the deck enjoying the view for a moment. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/mwOmpwhcAR/ 4 days ago