2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- It's More Than Corn: Grass v Grain, Some Simple Facts
- Farmers Helping Fish
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- It's More Than Corn: Balanced Diets & Nutrition
- Cattle And Horses
- Another Perspective on Prop 37
- Thunder is rolling...time will tell... #ranchlife instagram.com/p/rDQAfuBcLg/ 3 hours ago
- Enjoying the view from the barn, dinking a cold one white waiting for the shoer. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/rBIzosBcAM/ 22 hours ago
- Practicing for showmanship at the fair. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/rA-2lOhcAD/ 1 day ago
- 2nd cutting for our critters is in the barn. #Hay14 instagram.com/p/q-fldShcJb/ 1 day ago
- My baling partner is alrt again. #Hay14 instagram.com/p/q4xg3VBcH3/ 4 days ago