2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- Blackout Cake with Chocolate Ganache
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- It's More Than Corn: Feeds
- Field Rotation - Phase I
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Labeling, GMOs, GMEs, and COOL
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- @ekklesia7 That's "bad" ;-) LOL! 13 hours ago
- Cold foggy night = bonfire time. #ranchlife ow.ly/i/7JuIX 13 hours ago
- Calving season has started. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/vyqtntBcJU/ 2 days ago
- I could hear the salmon splashing from the field this morning. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/vjFKuwBcD5/ 1 week ago
- @loriealexander You name 'em, they'll be here. 1 week ago