2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Tipping Horns
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Denmark, Antibiotics, Rest of the Story
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- It's More Than Corn: Balanced Diets & Nutrition
- Animal Welfare & Livestock Production Questions
- Spring calvers have been weaned & fed. Calves weighed & hauled to other side of river. Top bull -… instagram.com/p/tRQ218BcOd/ 22 hours ago
- I think I hear rain drops hitting the skylight... #happy #ranchlife 5 days ago
- Yes he is :-) RT @sav01: @JeffFowle Oh my gosh that boy is growing like a weed! 1 week ago
- Had some help changing water this evening. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/s_Tg2rBcBM/ 1 week ago
- 3rd cutting alfalfa in the books...on to orchard grass. #Hay14 instagram.com/p/s6JaZMhcEU/ 1 week ago