2011 has officially arrived. A soft blanket of snow has covered the ranch, the ground is frozen and the air is crisp and clean. A new year presents the opportunity to all of us to reflect internally and consciously determine the road we follow. Over the past couple days I jotted down a few items for my plan of action in the coming year. What are you going to focus on?
- Thank the good Lord for the blessings bestowed upon you.
- Focus on family.
- Utilize your skills and talents to the best of your ability.
- Maintain a positive mental attitude.
- Help those less fortunate when able.
- Do your part to leave the country better off for the next generation.
- Share your personal story with civility and professionalism.
- Look for opportunities to build bridges.
- Challenge yourself to positively engage in communities outside your comfort zone.
- Learn to listen and discover.
- Find the joy in the journey.
- Buy only what you need, not everything you want.
- Prepare a budget and follow it.
- Maintain a diverse retirement portfolio.
- Prepare or update your estate plan.
- Make sure you have adequate insurance.
Guidelines For Comments
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Tipping Horns
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- Ranch Scenery
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- It's More Than Corn: Balanced Diets & Nutrition
- Our Ranchhand
- Making hay. #Hay14 #ranchlife instagram.com/p/q0xRqTBcCU/ 10 hours ago
- Enjoying the sunset.... instagram.com/p/qx1bUjhcLW/ 1 day ago
- Rain all around us, but not on us...raking in the morning. #PraisetheLord #Hay14 #ranchlife instagram.com/p/qxpewthcJC/ 1 day ago
- @firetroll A few smokes, but no flare ups...ample rain with each storm is helping. 2 days ago
- RT @loiscreamer: 6 Uses for Foursquare You Never Considered mashable.com/2014/07/20/fou… via @mashable #Usguys #NSA14 2 days ago