First, some of you may be wondering; what is this #agnerd hashtag and where did it come from?
Agnerd (ag-nurd) noun. Slang. 1. A person pursuing knowledge in technology, science and/or obscure facts who also has an interest in or actively participates in the agriculture community. 2. A mythical creature thought to only exist on social media networks. 3. A being that may be considered “unusual” by other people.
Since its inception, there have been many tweets and posts depicting an #agnerd in action. Here are a few that I came up with.
If you find yourself thinking about SEO while horseback or on a tractor, you might be a #agnerd
If you look up production info on a computer/phone, instead of thumbing through paper, you might be a #agnerd.
If you no longer carry a calf or crop book, because you now enter your data in your phone, you might be a #agnerd
If you’d prefer an app for a phone to stay current on sire info, instead of printed summaries , you might be a #agnerd
If you can recite twitter usernames, hashtags used & topics posted, like EPD’s on herd sires, you might be a #agnerd
If U now see farming & ranching challenges & tragedies as potential posts to share as a tweet or blog, U might be a #agnerd
If U spend more time emailing on a smart phone, while on a tractor, than on a computer, U might be a #agnerd
If you spend more time discussing GPS and software accessories on a new tractor than horsepower & hydraulics, you might be a #agnerd.
If you scan EID’s at a chute w/ an electronic scale, merges the data on a laptop & share via Bluetooth to your phone, you might be a #agnerd.
If you run breeding scenarios on your computer to project possible offspring from potential matings, you might be a #agnerd.
What is your favorite #agnerd identifier?
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Field Rotation - Phase II (Plowing)
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Field Rotation - Phase I
- Pink Shirts, Pink Ties and Pink Slime
- It's More Than Corn: Grass v Grain, Some Simple Facts
- Jake, And The Rancher's Prayer
- @ekklesia7 That's "bad" ;-) LOL! 1 day ago
- Cold foggy night = bonfire time. #ranchlife ow.ly/i/7JuIX 1 day ago
- Calving season has started. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/vyqtntBcJU/ 4 days ago
- I could hear the salmon splashing from the field this morning. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/vjFKuwBcD5/ 1 week ago
- @loriealexander You name 'em, they'll be here. 1 week ago