First, some of you may be wondering; what is this #agnerd hashtag and where did it come from?
Agnerd (ag-nurd) noun. Slang. 1. A person pursuing knowledge in technology, science and/or obscure facts who also has an interest in or actively participates in the agriculture community. 2. A mythical creature thought to only exist on social media networks. 3. A being that may be considered “unusual” by other people.
Since its inception, there have been many tweets and posts depicting an #agnerd in action. Here are a few that I came up with.
If you find yourself thinking about SEO while horseback or on a tractor, you might be a #agnerd
If you look up production info on a computer/phone, instead of thumbing through paper, you might be a #agnerd.
If you no longer carry a calf or crop book, because you now enter your data in your phone, you might be a #agnerd
If you’d prefer an app for a phone to stay current on sire info, instead of printed summaries , you might be a #agnerd
If you can recite twitter usernames, hashtags used & topics posted, like EPD’s on herd sires, you might be a #agnerd
If U now see farming & ranching challenges & tragedies as potential posts to share as a tweet or blog, U might be a #agnerd
If U spend more time emailing on a smart phone, while on a tractor, than on a computer, U might be a #agnerd
If you spend more time discussing GPS and software accessories on a new tractor than horsepower & hydraulics, you might be a #agnerd.
If you scan EID’s at a chute w/ an electronic scale, merges the data on a laptop & share via Bluetooth to your phone, you might be a #agnerd.
If you run breeding scenarios on your computer to project possible offspring from potential matings, you might be a #agnerd.
What is your favorite #agnerd identifier?
Guidelines For Comments
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Tipping Horns
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- It's More Than Corn: Grass v Grain, Some Simple Facts
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- Last Child On The Farm (Guest Post)
- "Test-Tube Hamburger"
- My Cowboy Code
- The First Serious Conversation
- “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.” MAT 6:34 2 days ago
- Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” JOHN 20:29 3 days ago
- Getting the eggs ready.... instagram.com/p/m_vA__hcGz/ 4 days ago
- A great helper today. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/m8_K3ChcFp/ 5 days ago
- Two little leaks result in one major project. #ranchlife instagram.com/p/m8Kre9BcOn/ 5 days ago