First, some of you may be wondering; what is this #agnerd hashtag and where did it come from?
Agnerd (ag-nurd) noun. Slang. 1. A person pursuing knowledge in technology, science and/or obscure facts who also has an interest in or actively participates in the agriculture community. 2. A mythical creature thought to only exist on social media networks. 3. A being that may be considered “unusual” by other people.
Since its inception, there have been many tweets and posts depicting an #agnerd in action. Here are a few that I came up with.
If you find yourself thinking about SEO while horseback or on a tractor, you might be a #agnerd
If you look up production info on a computer/phone, instead of thumbing through paper, you might be a #agnerd.
If you no longer carry a calf or crop book, because you now enter your data in your phone, you might be a #agnerd
If you’d prefer an app for a phone to stay current on sire info, instead of printed summaries , you might be a #agnerd
If you can recite twitter usernames, hashtags used & topics posted, like EPD’s on herd sires, you might be a #agnerd
If U now see farming & ranching challenges & tragedies as potential posts to share as a tweet or blog, U might be a #agnerd
If U spend more time emailing on a smart phone, while on a tractor, than on a computer, U might be a #agnerd
If you spend more time discussing GPS and software accessories on a new tractor than horsepower & hydraulics, you might be a #agnerd.
If you scan EID’s at a chute w/ an electronic scale, merges the data on a laptop & share via Bluetooth to your phone, you might be a #agnerd.
If you run breeding scenarios on your computer to project possible offspring from potential matings, you might be a #agnerd.
What is your favorite #agnerd identifier?
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Last Child On The Farm (Guest Post)
- Field Rotation - Phase I
- Labeling, GMOs, GMEs, and COOL
- It's More Than Corn: Importance of Physiological Phases
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Enjoying BBQ on the fire in November. instagram.com/p/-aShjchcNw/ 1 day ago
- Ready to head home (@ Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) - @phxskyharbor in Phoenix, AZ) swarmapp.com/c/iqn6D4zj8nY 1 week ago
- Six and a half hours later....waiting for the race to start. instagram.com/p/-IJ1EnBcH7/ 1 week ago
- Ready for the DAV200 to start. (@ Phoenix International Raceway - @phoenixraceway for NASCAR XFINITY Series at P...) swarmapp.com/c/kJvOUBI8gjj 1 week ago
- Lucas Oil 200! (@ Phoenix International Raceway - @phoenixraceway for Lucas Oil 150 in Avondale, AZ) swarmapp.com/c/2cTI1vMANsV 1 week ago