First, some of you may be wondering; what is this #agnerd hashtag and where did it come from?
Agnerd (ag-nurd) noun. Slang. 1. A person pursuing knowledge in technology, science and/or obscure facts who also has an interest in or actively participates in the agriculture community. 2. A mythical creature thought to only exist on social media networks. 3. A being that may be considered “unusual” by other people.
Since its inception, there have been many tweets and posts depicting an #agnerd in action. Here are a few that I came up with.
If you find yourself thinking about SEO while horseback or on a tractor, you might be a #agnerd
If you look up production info on a computer/phone, instead of thumbing through paper, you might be a #agnerd.
If you no longer carry a calf or crop book, because you now enter your data in your phone, you might be a #agnerd
If you’d prefer an app for a phone to stay current on sire info, instead of printed summaries , you might be a #agnerd
If you can recite twitter usernames, hashtags used & topics posted, like EPD’s on herd sires, you might be a #agnerd
If U now see farming & ranching challenges & tragedies as potential posts to share as a tweet or blog, U might be a #agnerd
If U spend more time emailing on a smart phone, while on a tractor, than on a computer, U might be a #agnerd
If you spend more time discussing GPS and software accessories on a new tractor than horsepower & hydraulics, you might be a #agnerd.
If you scan EID’s at a chute w/ an electronic scale, merges the data on a laptop & share via Bluetooth to your phone, you might be a #agnerd.
If you run breeding scenarios on your computer to project possible offspring from potential matings, you might be a #agnerd.
What is your favorite #agnerd identifier?
Guidelines For Comments
- Tipping Horns
- It's More Than Corn: Digestibility and Energy
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- Farmers Helping Fish
- Labeling, GMOs, GMEs, and COOL
- Thoughts On My Son's First Day Of School
- Farmers and Ranchers Save Salmon
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Field Rotation - Phase IV (Drilling)
- @BeefPros Anytime! :-) Have a great night! 1 day ago
- @MalTheBeefGal Think #Beef stick...riding, driving, hiking...#anytimefood :-) #withbeef 1 day ago
- #BeefSelfie picture contest is going on NOW! Check out @BeefPros on Instagram for info to win: instagram.com/beefpros #WithBeef 1 day ago
- My pleasure! It's been awhile since I've had a chat :-) RT @ranchersdotter: @JeffFowle thanks for joining in tonight to help out! #WithBeef 1 day ago
- Yes! RT @ranchersdotter: This interactive butcher counter is a cool place to learn about different cuts: ow.ly/ANGkX #WithBeef 1 day ago