First, some of you may be wondering; what is this #agnerd hashtag and where did it come from?
Agnerd (ag-nurd) noun. Slang. 1. A person pursuing knowledge in technology, science and/or obscure facts who also has an interest in or actively participates in the agriculture community. 2. A mythical creature thought to only exist on social media networks. 3. A being that may be considered “unusual” by other people.
Since its inception, there have been many tweets and posts depicting an #agnerd in action. Here are a few that I came up with.
If you find yourself thinking about SEO while horseback or on a tractor, you might be a #agnerd
If you look up production info on a computer/phone, instead of thumbing through paper, you might be a #agnerd.
If you no longer carry a calf or crop book, because you now enter your data in your phone, you might be a #agnerd
If you’d prefer an app for a phone to stay current on sire info, instead of printed summaries , you might be a #agnerd
If you can recite twitter usernames, hashtags used & topics posted, like EPD’s on herd sires, you might be a #agnerd
If U now see farming & ranching challenges & tragedies as potential posts to share as a tweet or blog, U might be a #agnerd
If U spend more time emailing on a smart phone, while on a tractor, than on a computer, U might be a #agnerd
If you spend more time discussing GPS and software accessories on a new tractor than horsepower & hydraulics, you might be a #agnerd.
If you scan EID’s at a chute w/ an electronic scale, merges the data on a laptop & share via Bluetooth to your phone, you might be a #agnerd.
If you run breeding scenarios on your computer to project possible offspring from potential matings, you might be a #agnerd.
What is your favorite #agnerd identifier?
Guidelines For Comments
- Force Feeding Cattle: Grass-Fed vs Grain-Fed
- "Bummer" Lambs....What's That?
- It's More Than Corn: Grass v Grain, Some Simple Facts
- Tipping Horns
- Field Rotation - Phase III (Discing)
- Roundup Ready Alfalfa, Understanding Practices
- Denmark, Antibiotics, Rest of the Story
- Food System & Production Questions
- Our Ranchhand
- I'm waiting for the right moment... ;-) RT @dairydino: @donschindler @JeffFowle, Jeff is being unusually well behaved today. :-) 2 hours ago
- First delegate session has started. #CFBF13 (@ Monterey Conference Center) 4sq.com/18ztjvm 3 hours ago
- "WMD, Explosive Devices, Terrorist Threats & Bioterrorism" - an enlightening session at #CFBF13. 22 hours ago
- Thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast speaker, Michael Reagan...great message on reaching out. #CFBF13 instagram.com/p/htRBQyBcFk/ 1 day ago
- A nice little tremor in Monterey....washing machine on spin cycle. Needed the masage. #CFBF13 2 days ago